Evans Scholarship Opportunities
Youth Caddying: Investing in Your Future
Caddying is far more than a summer job, it is an important tradition of the game of golf. The core values that underscore a caddie’s presence on the golf course are the same ones that can help them to be successful later in life. Aside from the chance to learn the game of golf, caddying offers many other life-changing opportunities.
Benefits of Working as a Caddy
– Enjoy Flexible Hours and Great Compensation
– Exposure to Positive Role Models
– Work Outside, Exercise, and Have Fun
– Gain Valuable Life Skills
– Opportunity to be Awarded a Chick Evans Caddie Scholarship
Chick Evans Scholarships
The Evans Scholarship is a full tuition and housing college scholarship awarded to high-achieving golf caddies with limited financial means. The estimated value of a four-year Evans Scholarship is $125,000. Evans Scholars are currently enrolled at 22 leading universities nationwide. To qualify, caddies must be nominated by their club and meet four requirements:
– Strong Caddie Record: Applicants must have caddied, regularly and successfully, for a minimum of two years and are expected to caddy
at their sponsoring club the year they apply for the Scholarship.
– Excellent Academics: Applicants must have completed their junior year of high school with
above a B average in college preparatory courses.
– Demonstrated Financial Need: Applicants must clearly have a need for financial assistance.
– Outstanding Character: Applicants must be outstanding in character, integrity, and leadership.
If you have any questions please contact Paul Knue, PGA | Western Golf Association, [email protected].